Thursday, July 19, 2012

It's July, therefore it is Christmas

I sit here, the rain is on it's way, I'm wearing a poncho, both of which are making my current work a little easier than it normally feels in July. I'm getting myself organised for Christmas - no not shopping - I like to leave that until at least November. My mind is on Christmas cards. I sell via Folksy and Gift Wrapped and Gorgeous, and the lovely Press Office have informed me that requests for Christmas items are starting to come through.

I wanted to revamp my range, give it a fresher feel. Influenced by letterpress with a Scandinavian feel, I'm reworking some traditional themes. I don't want anything glitzy and sparkly, instead aiming for bold, clean with really strong lines and shapes. Starting with an inked line drawing, I then rework it digitally and get busy with the vector lines.... The real fun comes when I play with the colour palette, 4 colour ways, I've shared one of them here.
Inked design
Working on the vector version
Finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment