Monday, July 16, 2012

Summer holidays.....crafty plans

Granny square blanket


Phew! After the very, very wet Nova Festival, and a lovely weekend away with my gorgeous man, I feel refreshed and ready for the summer (!)

School holidays are looming, weather not looking any better, so we may be inside rather a lot. I have a few ideas to occupy us, some film making - it's always a challenge but the results are so satisfying. There really is something for everyone when it comes to film, the story, the imagery, the music & sound and the team working opportunity. Watch this space - the finished film will be published, hopefully before the new school year.

Additionally I'm going to continuing hooking with my daughter, she did really well first time round, starting with a circular coaster and I'm confident with some relaxed, holiday time she will get the hang of it.

As for me, well I've been using up a vast quantity of wool which I have collected over my adulthood. Granny squares-a-plenty are slowly but surely forming this years winter blanket. Our lovely house can be a bit chilly and I like nothing better than feeling cosy as the nights draw in. All this rain has made me feel I need to be truly prepared for winter - avoid the blues! I started this 3 weeks ago, and realistically it needs to be twice the size, at the moment it would cover my knees in a bit of a granny way. Hey but the great thing about granny squares is you can just keep adding them!

No comments:

Post a Comment